You are most likely aware that Scoil Mhuire is using the Aladdin System to assist us with the smooth and effective administration of the school. Aladdin is now the leader in school administration software and is in use in over one third of Irish primary schools. It is a secure, cloud based system with extended SSL encryption meaning that even if it is accessed across an unsecured wireless connection, the data is fully protected. It also eliminates the chance of physical loss and theft of data and enhances our school’s compliance with data protection law. Aladdin is also designed to be easy to use. If you are able to use an iPad, tablet or smartphone, you will have no difficulty whatsoever in using Aladdin.
Our school has recently added the Parent Portal module to our Aladdin System. You can access the Parent Portal using your smartphone, tablet or laptop to log on securely via your internet browser.
Parent Portal will give you secure access to your child’s details and enable you to check up on his/her progress. You can:
• Monitor your child’s attendance
• View notices from the school and/or your child’s teacher
• View school emails and texts
• View school newsletters
• View class lists
• View booklists
• Update your personal contact information
• Opt into or out of your child’s class contact list (this allows you, if you wish, to share your contact details with the other parents in your child’s class)
• View your child’s standardised test scores
• View and print a copy of your child’s end-of-year school report
Along with strengthening our home-school partnership, we also envisage the parent portal helping the school by:
• Help improve attendance by allowing parents view just how many school days their child may have currently missed, along with late arrival and early leaving information.
• Help eliminate class/school notes being sent home.
• Help the school/ teachers communicate with parents when the need arises.
• Reduce costs by eliminating the need to post home school report cards
• Reduce costs by reducing the number of texts that need to be sent.
In order to allow you to access your child’s end of year documents via Parent Portal, we will need your email address. This should be one that is accessed regularly by you. To assist us in ensuring that we have an active, valid email address for you, please complete the attached form and return it to your child’s teacher as soon as possible.
By default both parents will have access to view their child’s contact information. If for any reason you do not wish to share your own personal contact information within the family circle please contact the school in confidence to have this facility restricted.
We hope that you enjoy using the Parent Portal and we welcome any feedback or questions you may have.